Ambassadordogfood.ie is committed to putting the consumer first and being transparent on how we collect, use and protect your personal information. The data controller is Ambassador Dog Food Limited (referred to in this policy as “we”, “us” or “our”). We want you to be confident that the personal information you give us is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience on our Site.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. The information collected is your user name, name, address, email address, phone number and what you have bought. When you visit our Site we may collect information about your online browsing behaviour and any devices you have used to access our Site (including your IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers) Website usage information is collected using cookies. We may also use the personal information referred to in this section to generate aggregated, anonymised data for the purposes of internal reporting, insight and analysis, enabling us to improve and personalise our Site, the products we offer and search results for our Site. Where necessary this exercise may be carried out on our behalf by a third party.
Why we process your personal information
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have consented for us to do so.
Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- to enable you to access and use the Site;
- to communicate with you about your use of the website. For example, sending you a confirmation email of your order. Unless you have agreed, this won’t include communications about products and exclusives which we think you may be interested in; and
- to improve our Site. We may use your personal information to undertake demographic segmentation and generate profiling information to help us understand what you might be interested in and for market research. We are always working to make a better Site for you and using your personal information in this way helps us to do this.
From May 2018, you will have a right to object to our use of your personal information for these legitimate interests, including a right to object to profiling by us.
Disclosure of your personal information to other organisations
The personal information that we collect when you use our Site is strictly confidential. We may disclose your personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
- To our service providers for the purposes of providing certain services and enabling your interaction with the Site, such as our delivery couriers and payment processing merchant banks. (Our technical partners will not be permitted to use your personal information for their own marketing purposes unless you have consented to receive marketing from them on another site, as we won’t ask for your permission to do this on our Site.)
- If we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- If we are required to do so by any court or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency;
- If necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings;
- In line with our own Terms and Conditions (in particular reporting offending users to their ISP or to the authorities if their actions appear to amount to a crime).
How will we use the information about you
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Your information rights and responsibilities
You already have certain rights under existing data protection legislation, including a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, if you request it in writing. From 25 May 2018 you will have the following rights:
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests, or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and user demographics. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we’re continuing to process your personal information.
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you’re not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address.
Letter: Ambassador Dog Food Ltd, 3 Golan Road, Omagh, Co Tyrone, N Ireland BT79 7TJ
We may make a small charge for this service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Keeping your personal information secure
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee its security. By using our Site you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features, like the shopping cart or checkout, may not function as a result.
Effective as of: 6th November 2019